Experienced & DeterminedDriven to get you results
With years of experience in personal injury and wrongful death cases, Chad Gerke helps individuals and families throughout the State of Texas. First and foremost, Chad is a trial lawyer; a trial lawyer who has fought for his clients that have been victims of defective and dangerous products, serious automobile accidents, 18-wheeler accidents, workplace accidents, and the negligence of others.
Want to learn more about how we help clients?
20 Years of experience in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
With over $30,000,000 in verdicts and settlements since 2013
M. Chad Gerke founded the Gerke Law Firm after practicing and making partner with a prominent law firm in Houston, Texas. From the outset of his career, Chad has been a trial lawyer. He has been awarded a rating from Martindale-Hubbell of “AV,” the highest legal ability and ethical standards rating given to lawyers in the United States by this organization. Chad has been chosen as a Texas Super Lawyer and named to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, recognizing the top trial lawyers in America. He has handled a diverse caseload including cases involving business disputes, products and premises liability, as well as lawsuits involving serious personal injury and wrongful death. This includes trying cases to juries throughout the state of Texas.
The Gerke Law Firm also helps clients with Estate Planning and Probate matters. From preparing clients’ wills, trusts, and powers of attorney, to guiding clients through the probate process, The Gerke Law Firm has extensive experience in these practice areas.
The Gerke Law Firm assists clients throughout the state of Texas, including matters in Harris, Fort Bend, Brazoria, Wharton, Washington, Waller, Austin, Burleson, Bastrop, Brazos, Lee, and Grimes Counties.
The Gerke Law Firm endeavors to provide its clients with the highest level of legal services. This is done with integrity, civility, and zealous advocacy.
Born and raised in Brenham, Texas, Chad Gerke graduated from Texas A&M University with a double Bachelor of Science degree. Chad then earned his law degree from South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas.
From the outset of his legal career, Chad has been a trial lawyer. In 2001 Chad joined a distinguished law firm that was founded in Texas in 1935. Made a partner of this firm in 2008, Chad handled his clients’ legal matters with zeal and integrity. In 2012, Chad founded The Gerke Law Firm, PLLC to give Texas families and victims of injustice a voice at the courthouse.
Across the state of Texas, Chad has handled legal matters for Texas individuals and families, as well as family-owned businesses. The Gerke Law Firm is committed to providing Texans with the best legal services available.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2000
- Texas A&M University, Graduate Study in Food Science & Nutrition, 1997
- Texas A&M University, B.S. (double major – Biochemistry & Genetics), 1996
- AV Preeminent, Peer Review Rated – Martindale-Hubbell Rating – 2013-present – “AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.”
- “Texas Super Lawyer, Personal Injury – Plaintiffs” – Thompson Reuters, as published in Texas Monthly Magazine (2017 – present)
- “Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star,” (top 2.5% of Texas attorneys, age 40 and under), Thompson Reuters, as published in Texas Monthly Magazine (2009, 2010, 2011)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Life Member) – The Top Trial Lawyers In America ®
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers,” The National Trial Lawyers (2017-present)
- “Top Lawyers,” as published in Houstonia Magazine (December 2013 & December 2014)
- AVVO Lawyer Rating of “10.0 – Superb” (2012-present)
- Texas Bar Association (member of the College of the State Bar of Texas, an honorary society of the best trained lawyers in Texas)
- United States District Courts – Admitted to Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals – 5th Circuit
- Washington County Bar Association (President – 2013)
- Houston Bar Association
- Fort Bend Lawyers Care Org.
- Fort Bend County Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Directors – 2016-2017)
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Directors – 2014-present)
- Austin County Bar Association
- Representation of pedestrian in auto-pedestrian accident resulting in 7-figure settlement (Burleson County)
- 7-figure settlement against excavation contractor (Harris County)
- multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of injured driver who sustained traumatic brain injury from collision with commercial truck (Grimes County)
- Successful representation of family where family member was killed due to livestock out on highway, resulting in 7-figure settlement (Washington County)
- 7-figure settlement against oil field company in oil field injury incident (Burleson County)
- 6-figure settlement against Employer, where client sustained back injury from dangerous working conditions (Grimes County)
- 6-figure settlement against trucking company on behalf of injured worker pinned by 18-wheeler (Harris County)
- 6-figure settlement on behalf of mother whose son was killed due to cow out on US highway (Dallas County)
- 6-figure settlement against roofing company causing injury due to defectively installed ladder (Washington County)
- 6-figure settlement against homeowner in defect premises case resulting in serious injuries to client (Burleson County)
- 6-figure settlement on behalf of motorcyclist struck by driver on roadway (Harris County)
- 6-figure settlement on behalf of client in trucking case involving failure to yield right-of-way (Washington County)
- 6-figure settlement wherein client’s vehicle was struck by 18-wheeler (Austin County)
- Successful representation of family of pedestrian killed by drunk driver (Harris County)
- 6-figure settlement for client injured at movie theater as a result of defective stairs (Harris County)
- Substantial settlement for motorist injured when struck by a drunk driver (Harris County)
- 6-figure settlement wherein client was severely injured after striking cow on the highway (Grimes County)
- 6-figure jury verdict against one of nation’s largest insurance companies regarding deceptive trade practices against insureds (Bastrop County)
- Successful representation of wife whose husband was killed by truck that failed to yield right-of-way (Grimes County)
- Representation of pedestrian run over by driver on cell phone, resulting in 6-figure settlement (Austin County)
- Prosecution of case for young woman injured in motor vehicle accident, resulting in 6-figure settlement (Harris County)
- Successful representation of daughter and mother in motor vehicle accident, resulting in settlement (Lee County)
- Representation of husband and wife in motor vehicle accident, resulting in substantial settlement (Travis County)
- Successful representation and settlement on behalf of client whose home was struck by a drunk driver (Washington County)
- Representation of high school student walking in cross-walk and struck by driver on cell phone, resulting in substantial settlement (Harris County)
- Successful prosecution of case on behalf of pedestrian in auto-pedestrian accident, resulting in substantial settlement (Fayette County)
- Multiple trucking/18-wheeler cases involving wrongful death / personal injury
- Successful representation of family-owned business in claims regarding trade secrets and covenant-not-to-compete (Harris County)
- Preparation of wills and estate planning documents for individual clients and families
- Client representation regarding employment contracts, including non-compete agreements
- Cases involving claims of age discrimination, race discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliatory termination
- Prosecution of claims for international company related to defective design of rail cars resulting in 6-figure settlement (Harris County)
- Representation of individual and employer against individual’s former employer in covenant-not-to-compete case
- Representation of warehouse companies regarding railroad demurrage claims filed by railroad (Harris County)
- Trial for activated carbon manufacturer in breach of warranty, negligent misrepresentation, fraud, and breach of contract claims (Washington County)
- Representation of clients in cases involving serious burns and other personal injuries
- “Ethical Issues of Getting Social Media Into Evidence,” The State Bar of Texas Soaking Up Come CLE Course, May 15, 2015
- “Social Media and the Internet: How to Use in Your Litigation Practice,” Federal Law Conference 2013, presented by the Federal Bar Association, Southern District of Texas and Hidalgo County Bar Association, November 7, 2013
- Moderator of Judicial Panel Discussion/CLE, “Washington County Courthouse – Do’s & Don’ts in District Court and County Court at Law,” Washington County Bar Association, September 10, 2013
- “Use of Social Media in Litigation (and Evidentiary Issues),” The State Bar of Texas, Annual Meeting, June 20, 2013
- “Estate Planning 101 – Wills, Trusts & Estates,” Brenham Louise Giddings Retired Teachers’ Association, January 8, 2013
- “Knock, knock…It’s OSHA…What to Expect During an OSHA Investigation,” Washington County Chamber of Commerce ‘Lunch & Learn’ Event, August 22, 2012
- “Update on Getting Social Media Information into Evidence with Ethical Considerations,” The State Bar of Texas, Soaking Up Some CLE Course, May 18, 2012
- Co-Chair of 2012 TADC Trial Academy, March 30-31, 2012
- “Social Networking Sites: They are here to stay…. So how do you use them?” Washington County Bar Association, November 14, 2011
- “Social Media…How to Use it in Your Litigation Practice,” Federal Law Conference 2011, presented by the Federal Bar Association of Southern District of Texas, Hidalgo County Bar Association, and Cameron County Bar Association, October 20, 2011
- “How to get Social Media Information Into Evidence or How to Authenticate a Tweet,” The State Bar of Texas, Soaking Up Some CLE Course, May 12, 2011
- “Social Media and the Internet: Friend or Foe?” TADC Magazine, Summer 2010
- “What Trial Lawyers Need to Know About Social Networking Sites,” The State Bar of Texas, Soaking Up Some CLE Course, May 20, 2010
- “Social Networking Sites: What You Don’t Know Might Hurt You…or Maybe Just Not Help You,” Federal Law Conference 2010, presented by the Federal Bar Association of Southern District of Texas and Hidalgo County Bar Association, April 8, 2010
- “Facebook, Twitter and the World of Social Networking Sites: What Trial Lawyers Need to Know,” Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Summer Meeting 2009
- “Head’em Off at the Pass: What to do When OSHA Comes Callin’ – OSHA Jobsite Investigations,” Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Fall Meeting 2007
- “The New Texas Offer of Settlement vs. The Federal Offer of Judgment,” Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Fall Meeting 2004
- Multiple speeches at local schools regarding jury service and the legal profession
Chad is active in the community, having served as a youth soccer, basketball and softball coach. Chad and his wife, along with another family, co-founded the charitable organization, Thankful Hearts of Texas, a 501(c)(3) non-profit assisting economically-disadvantaged children in Fort Bend County. Chad is also active with youth sports organizations, having served as legal counsel on behalf of a youth soccer club. He is a member of The Harvest United Methodist Church, serving as an usher and active member of multiple church committees, and also served on the Board of Directors of The Foundation of First United Methodist Church of Missouri City, Texas. Chad served as an elected member of the Board of Directors of the Washington County Chamber of Commerce (2014-2016) and on the Board of Directors of the Boys & Girls Club of Washington County (2013-2018). He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Brenham Economic Development Foundation. Chad is an active member of the Washington County, Fort Bend County, Austin County, and Houston Bar Associations. He presently serves on the Board of Directors of the Houston Trial Lawyers’ Association and is a past Board Member of the Texas Trial Lawyers’ Association. Chad and his wife, Sara, have two daughters and live in Fort Bend County.
Call us Toll-free
If you would like to speak with someone directly